Foundation Course (Spring 2019 edition)
The fastest way to create a pitch to investors
Thank you for your interest in the Foundation Course (spring 2019 edition)!
What does it include?
This online course is the fastest way to learn how to create an effective pitch to investors and raise capital for your business. It will be open for enrollment until June 2019 and includes:
- Step by step instructions to create the three types of investor pitches you will need for fundraising
- A building-block approach that makes developing those three pitches as quick and efficient as possible
- Video lessons, templates, e-guides, and e-books
At the bottom of this page you can preview the outline of this course and watch a few of the videos, which have been "unlocked."
How long is the course?
Most people take 2-6 weeks to complete the course (depending how much they want to improve). During the course you will create two draft pitches and get feedback from mentors/advisers on each.
Raised over $5.0 million
"As a first-time founder, pitching your company is incredibly daunting. For me, Pitch Creator boiled the art of the pitch down into concise, consumable parts that I used to raise over $1,800,000 in my seed round."
- Param Shah, Founder and CEO, Factory Four
Challenge #4 – Your business has an opportunity cost of time. Many CEOs spend 6-18 months trying to create an effective pitch to investors by trial and error.
Late-stage Company CEO
Raised $30 million from Insight Venture Partners
"Pitch Creator helped me professionalize my investor presentation. I knew my business and industry well but did not know how to communicate it effectively to investors."
- Michael Keeler, CEO, LeaseAccelerator
What will you learn in this course?
You will follow our step-by-step instructions and learn:
- how to communicate effectively with investors/lenders to improve the odds of raising capital for your business.
- how to quickly and efficiently craft both types of pitches you need to be successful and minimize your opportunity cost of time.
- how to make both types of pitches work together.
- about your investor audience and how to "speak their language."
- the basic presentation skills you need to master.
- ways to practice and avoid costly tactical mistakes.
Johns Hopkins Business School
Over 100 students per year use the Foundation Course
"I reviewed Pitch Creator’s online Foundation Course and I was floored. This is an amazing course and I currently incorporate it in the curriculum of all of my Entrepreneurial Finance classes both in-person and online!"
- Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, Ph.D. Assistant Professor in Finance Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
How this course is different?
Raised over $3.0 million
“Pitch Creator is a wonderful resource. It has been meaningful in our $1.0+ million round of investment and presentations we’ve given across the country.”
- Carolyn Yarina, CEO and Co-Founder, Sisu Global Health
This course delivers value and ROI
Raised his first $25k using the Foundation Course
- Winston Frazer, CEO and Founder , Danae Prosthetics
Over $78 million raised!
The entrepreneurs who have volunteered testimonials for our website have collectively raised over $78 million for their businesses!
Your testimonial is important because it could be the inspiration another entrepreneur needs to get started, or to keep going!
Mr. Tagler has 14 years of experience investing in private companies as a growth-equity investor at Camden Partners and has seen over 1,400 founder/CEO pitches. Prior to that, he provided investment banking advisory services to CEOs who were preparing to either sell their companies or take them public through an IPO (initial public offering).
Jason Tagler founded Pitch Creator in 2014 to create jobs in the Baltimore area by helping entrepreneurs learn how to communicate with investors and lenders to raise capital for their businesses. Since then, Pitch Creator has expanded to online courses used by colleges/universities, investors, and incubators/accelerators.
Dean of Education
“I purchased the Foundation Course and completed it. Very impressed with the content, flow, and ideas presented.”
- Josh Smith, Dean, School of Education, Loyola University Maryland
StartIntroduction section summary
StartVideo lesson 1 - the why and how of the Foundation Course (5:18)
PreviewVideo lesson 2 - challenges CEOs face when pitching investors (4:44)
PreviewVideo lesson 3 - our solution to help you attack those challenges (9:41)
StartVideo lesson 4 - goals and expectations (3:18)
StartSection summary and Template Investment Summary
StartVideo lesson 1 - definition, purpose and goal of your Investment Summary (5:38)
StartVideo lesson 2 - the Business Summary (1:39)
StartVideo lesson 3 - the Problem (3:49)
StartVideo lesson 4 - the Solution (1:32)
StartVideo lesson 5 - Revenue Model (3:49)
StartVideo lesson 6 - Total Addressable Market (9:11)
StartVideo lesson 7 - Customers and Competitors (4:48)
StartVideo lesson 8 - CEO background (4:25)
StartVideo lesson 9 - Income Summary (3:02)
StartVideo lesson 10 - Remaining Topics in the Investment Summary (6:03)